|Black Hole Launcher|
- Black holes suck, weaponized black holes suck more.
- — Weapon Description
Classified as an explosive weapon, the Black Hole Launcher fires miniature black holes which pull everything in their vicinity towards them. Its potential is realized when used to fight groups of enemies and vehicles. Being an alien weapon, it relies on a charge and does not use ammunition of any sort.
While an immensely powerful weapon in its own right, it is less effective against Wardens and Marauders, as it does not disintegrate them outright. Wardens are still trapped by the Black Hole, and still take damage from the blast. Marauders still take damage from Black Holes even when fired at them from the front.
The "Singularity Gun" is the only costume for the Black Hole Launcher.
Effective Range and Rate of Fire can both be upgraded 5 levels each, There is no "ultimate upgrade".
It is unlocked in the Weapons Cache after completing Johnny Gat's "WWGD" Side Quest. "Closer To 250" Side Quest gives an ammo upgrade to the gun. "Kill Kill Destroy Kill" Side Quest gives a recharge upgrade.
- Extremely powerful against both vehicles and almost any enemy type.
- Large area of effect, especially when upgraded.
- The weapon does not require ammunition.
- The weapon has a slow rate of fire until it is upgraded.
- The Protagonist can become trapped in a black hole if they get too close to one.
- There is a Singularity Cannon in Red Faction: Armageddon which also fires black holes.
- When Telekinesis is used on a black hole, it prevents it from exploding after collapsing and can be kept open for as long as the Telekinesis hold is maintained, although it cannot be moved.
- Things which do not break the Telekinesis hold: Facing the opposite direction, walking, jumping, charged jumping, tapping the sprint/glide button.
- Things which break the Telekinesis hold: Being knocked down, holding the sprint/glide button.
- There is a very similar Black Hole Gun in Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon.