|Bank Error in Your Favor|
|Story arc||The Brotherhood|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Deposit" |
• "Proportional Response"
|Objective(s)||• Head to the bank |
• Go inside and take Jessica hostage
• Hold // to grab Jessica
• Keep Jessica between you and the cops
• The alarm has sealed the bank, use Jessica to shut off the lockdown
• The doors are open. Take Jessica to her car
• Take Jessica to her car
• Bring the car to the University Arena
• Don't destroy the car
|Reward(s)||• $3,000 |
• Ezpata neighborhood, Barrio District
|Stronghold unlocked||"Wardill Airport Hangars"|
- "Kidnapping turns gruesome"
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
The Protagonist is tipped off by Shaundi that Maero's girlfriend, Jessica, is going to the Stilwater Savings and Loan bank to make a deposit for the upcoming shipment. The Protagonist quickly sees an opportunity to avenge Carlos' death and heads off to the bank to find Jessica.
The Protagonist takes her hostage and, after dealing with the SWAT, shoves her in the trunk of her own car. The Protagonist drives her to the University Arena where Maero is participating in a monster truck rally. Maero performs a trick in which he drives up a ramp in his Atlasbreaker and jumps over a row of cars; Maero lands on and crushes the final one, inadvertently killing Jessica, who is still locked inside the trunk. The Protagonist appears and throws Maero the keys to her car. As Maero suddenly realizes what he has done, The Protagonist echoes Jessica's taunt to them before Carlos died: "Do me a favor. When you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than twenty percent".
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files, and can be read in-game upon completion of the mission. To do this, simply select the mission for replay at a Newspaper Clipboard.
A monster truck rally turned into a nightmare for spectators at the Ultor Dome as a woman was found crushed to death in the trunk of a car used in the show. The woman found dead matches the description of a woman kidnapped from the Barrio earlier in the day. The kidnapper was allowed to escape with the woman by holding her as a human shield, but officials are adamant there was no way they could have known what was going to happen. Reports that the woman was the girlfriend of Brotherhood gang leader Maero have yet to be confirmed.
After arriving at the Stilwater Savings and Loan bank, the player must take Jessica as a Human Shield and escort her to the alarm shutoff mechanism up the hallway to the left. The few policemen inside will not provide much trouble - they will not shoot if Jessica is between them and The Protagonist, and they die very easily.
After the alarm has been switched off, head outside and to the left, towards Jessica's Phoenix. A fair number of SWAT will storm the bank as the player exits, but they can be easily gunned down provided the player backs themselves into a corner and doesn't allow themselves to be flanked. After placing Jessica in the trunk and getting in the vehicle, simply drive to the University Arena to finish this short mission (make sure the car survives the trip).
- • Cash: $3,000
• Respect: None
• Achievement: None
• Neighborhood: Southern Cross
• Mission: Thank You and Goodnight!
• Stronghold: Wardill Airport Hangars
"Deposit" cutscene Edit
Shaundi: "No prob, I got it."
Hacky Sack player: "Watch out!"
Jessica: "[After almost running over Shaundi] Jesus Christ, are you trying to get killed?"
Shaundi: "Look, I'm sorry."
Jessica: "I don't have time for this. [On the phone] Sorry about that baby, I almost dented my car on a hippie chick."
Shaundi: "Hey, I'm not a hippie."
Jessica: "Maero, I'm fine... Look, I gotta go, I'm about to make the deposit. Sweetie, let me worry about the money... we'll have enough to cover the shipment, and once that comes in the Saints won't have a chance in hell."
Hacky Sack player: "Yo, Shaundi, we gonna Hack or what?"
Shaundi: "[On the phone] Hey boss?"
The Protagonist: "Shaundi, I'm watchin' Bobbie and Amber here, can it wait?"
Shaundi: "Not really."
The Protagonist: "What's up?"
Shaundi: "Maero's girlfriend just walked into the bank with a suitcase full of money."
The Protagonist: "I'll be right over."
The Protagonist: "Alright Jessica, you're gonna turn off that alarm."
Jessica: "Yeah? How am I gonna do that?"
The Protagonist: "Hit. The "off" button."
"Proportional Response" cutscene Edit
Jessica: "Please, somebody help me!"
Maero: "[After spotting The Protagonist] I'm gonna kill you right here, right now..."
The Protagonist: "No, you're not. [He throws the keys to Jessica's car to Maero]"
Maero: "What's this?"
The Protagonist: "Do me a favor. When you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than twenty percent."
- The name of this mission is a reference to the popular board game Monopoly, in which a card reads "Bank Error in Your Favor: Collect $X."
- Shaundi is seen playing Hacky Sack in the opening of the mission, similar to the opening of the mission "Bonding Experience".
- Jessica's Phoenix can be kept during the mission using a glitch.
- If the Phoenix is damaged and the trunk falls off, Jessica is not seen inside.
- The newspaper text for the mission seen on the Newspaper Clipboard erroneously say that Jessica was found crushed to death inside the Ultor Dome, when in fact she died in the University Arena.
- In Saints Row: The Third, Cyrus Temple refers to the end of this mission in the ending cutscene of "Gang Bang", where he reveals Jessica's surname: Parish.