|Zero Saints Thirty" in Saints Row IV|
|Appears in||Saints Row IV|
|Affiliations||3rd Street Saints |
|Occupation(s)||MI6 Agent  |
Special Liason to the CIA
|Voiced by||Rebecca Riedy|
- "I'm a creature of habit, of structure, which doesn't fit well with the Saints MO. They have their way of doing things and at times, I have no idea what they're thinking - or of their infatuation with those godawful Freckle Bitch's hamburgers. But ... when it comes down to it, they get things done. That's impressive - and I'm not easily impressed."
- — One of Asha's audio logs
Asha first debuted in a teaser image for Saints Row IV, although her identity was not revealed at the time. She later appeared as a named character in the "War for Humanity" trailer, where she could be seen fighting an Ultor Masako soldier inside a bar.
Saints Row IVEdit
When The Protagonist, Pierce and Shaundi undertake a mission to assassinate ex-STAG commander-turned-terrorist, Cyrus Temple, they team up with Asha, an MI6 agent sent to help them. After the team links up with her near Cyrus' hideout, Pierce notes her straight-to-business attitude, to which she answers that they're suppose to be on a counter-terrorist operation, not a Saints Flow shoot. Asha then discovers that the Saints, The Protagonist in particular, won't waste time on recon when The Protagonist charges and dispatches a group of terrorists while she's observing them.
Five years later, as the Saints take over the White House, Asha and Matt arrive to warn them of an impending alien invasion, due to their superiors ignoring them back home. But their warning came too late, as the alien Zin invade. Asha and Miller were among those who were abducted as she tries to help pull Matt out of the abduction beam, before getting caught in herself.
Asha was placed in a virtual simulation of her deepest fears: failing her every assignment. When The Protagonist came to rescue her, Asha was in the middle of a mission to kill Mr. X, an evil version of The Protagonist who had a beard and right eye-patch.
After being rescued, Asha brings The Protagonist along on a training mission to protect a VIP, Genkibowl VII reporter Tammy Tolliver; however, she has Matt Miller remove The Protagonist's superpowers for the duration of the mission.
Although everything seems to be going as planned for a while, Zinyak interferes as they escort the VIP to the final dropoff, unleashing a superpowered Professor Genki, who kills the VIP. Fortunately, Matt is able to both restore The Protagonist's powers and grant Asha her own. With their powers, they are able to defeat Super-Genki.
- "From an early age, my father instilled a pride and patriotism in me that carried me far in life. I dedicated myself to serving the Crown. I don't regret it, though it's not been without its challenges. One of those challenges was working with the Saints in taking down Cyrus Temple."
- — Asha Audio Log 1
- "When Matt Miller came on as my field coordinator, he had a lot of opinions about the Third Street Saints. I've always liked Matt but I admit he's easily wounded and a bit tetchy when it comes to past offenses. Still, he managed to set some low expectations for that first mission with the Saints."
- — Asha Audio Log 2
- "I'm a creature of habit, of structure, which doesn't fit well with the Saints' MO. They have their way of doing things, and at times I have no idea what they're thinking or of their infatuation with those god-awful Freckle Bitches[sic] hamburgers, but when it comes down to it, they get things done. That's impressive. And I'm not easily impressed."
- — Asha Audio Log 3
- Asha and CID
- CID: "Your file has been most interesting to read, Asha Odekar."
Asha: "My File? What are you talking about?"
CID: "You'd be surprised what the Zin grabbed from Earth's databases before obliterating the planet. They have many pages on you."
Asha: "Oh Really?"
CID: "Yes. They even had information about your earlier self."
Asha: "Oh. Really?"
CID: "Oh yes, I am sure your hometown Eagles were bolstered to many of victory by your forceful cheers, squad captain Odekar."
Asha: "You tell anyone about that CID and I will rip every last resistor off your circuit board with my teeth."
CID: "Of course."
- Asha and Gat
- Asha: "Your boss speaks very highly of you."
Johnny Gat: "Oh yeah we're tight. We go way back."
Asha: "Given my training as a soldier, your boss might be specially interested in hearing about your exploits. Listening to your boss go on and on and on. I'll admit, I felt a bit of a rivalry against you."
Johnny Gat: "Rivalry huh? Hehe. I don't think you need to worry about that."
Asha: "Oh. Wasn't worried..."
- Asha and Keith
- Asha: "I don't wanna come off as a gushing fanatic but I've really enjoyed your work Keith."
Keith David: "That's very kind off you Asha, thank you."
Asha: "Do you have any formal training or is it all...instinct?"
Keith David: "Actually I attended a high school for performing arts, then I went on to Juilliard, and I graduated with a BFA."
Asha: "Ummm Juilliard? I'm, I'm not familiar with that school."
Keith David: "Oh well, it's the most highly regarded acting school in the country."
Asha: "Acting? Oh are you an actor!? I'm talking about how well you handle a gun, it's very impressive."
- Asha and King
- Asha: "You know Mr. King, I read your book when it came out."
Ben King: "Really? Given your line of work, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts."
Asha: "Well it was really incisive, I could see how others might benefit from your teaching."
Ben King: "But, not you?"
Asha: "You teach diplomacy Ben, I get called in when diplomacy fails."
Ben King: "Heh, I guess that's true."
- Asha and Kinzie
- Kinzie: "So... Asha, this is difficult for me to say but, especially that earth is ya'know, gone, and I don't have anyone to spend time with..."
Asha: "Spend time with...?"
Kinzie: "Sure... ya'know, just hang out, eat pizza, watch scary movies, braid each other's hair... I just need to feel a familial connection, ya'know?"
Asha: "A familial connection? You mean, like sisters?"
Kinzie: "The boss says I'm not really allowed to say that word anymore."
- Asha and Pierce
- Asha: "I tried your energy drink the other day."
Pierce: "Really!? What did you think?"
Asha: "About a decade ago I was lost behind enemy lines. My entire team was dead. I thought it was over for me. One night, I happened upon an enemy encampment."
Asha: "I was half-mad from starvation and fear. I couldn't think; I most certainly couldn't fight. They took me captive; put me in a pit six feet beneath the earth."
Asha: "I had nothing to drink but my own urine, and nothing to eat but the insects that occasionally skittered into the hole. It was my first real glimpse into the darkness that can reside in a human heart."
Pierce: "Hey, whoa, shit, but uh... what does that have to do with Saints Flow?"
Asha: "I'd rather relive those days than drink another one."
Pierce: "Well did you try the grape?"
- Asha and Roddy
- Asha: "I hope you're not offended, but I'm not really familiar with your career. Wrestling wasn't the phenomenon in England that it was in the States."
Roddy Piper: "Oh, of course not. You know, honestly I don't mind a break. The fans are great, but there's more to me than just wrestling."
Asha: "I hear you're also an actor."
Roddy Piper: "Oh sure, that too, but there's much more to me than that."
Asha: "Really? How do you mean?"
Roddy Piper: "Uh, look, I don't tell many people this, but there was a time in the mid-90s that I was the fourth member of a Latin music group called The Rodriguez Vipers. We sang a cappella versions of classic Central American folk songs; hit the Top 40 in the Latin Music charts twice!"
Roddy Piper: "Nope. But the great thing about you not knowing much about me is I can tell you bullshit like that."
- Asha and Shaundi
- Shaundi: "You didn't think much of the Saints when you first met us, did you?"
Asha: "Being honest... Not really, no."
Shaundi: "So all these years later has your opinion of us changed?"
Asha: "Most of you, yes. You've shown a great deal of dedication, inner strength, and a surprising eagerness to take on seemingly insurmountable challenges"
Shaundi: "Most of us? Huh. Who hasn't?"
Asha: "I'd rather not state the names if it's worth the same to you."
Shaundi: "Oh sure, sure. But it's Pierce right?"
Asha: "He does try..."
- Cyrus and Asha
- Asha: "You know a good deal of STAG technology came from MI6."
Cyrus: "Pardon me? I'll have you know everything we use is 100% designed and made in the U.S.A."
Asha: "You honestly can't believe that can you?"
Cyrus: "I have the personal assurance of the highest authority in my country!"
Asha: "You mean, from the President? A person just like the current president who you tried to kill back in Steelport?"
Cyrus: "Yeah! Just like- Damn!"
- Fun Shaundi and Asha
- Fun Shaundi: "You're MI6, right? What's it like being part if that?"
Asha: "Quite gratifying, really. I get to protect my government from outside threats and keep people safe from harm."
Fun Shaundi: "Yeah, you know your government kinda got blown up, right?"
Asha: "Thank you for pointing that out."
Fun Shaundi: "Oh, anytime."
- Julius and Asha
- Asha: "So, you're yet another name on the list of people who tried to kill the President, ay?"
Julius: "Despite everything I've done with my life, apparently that's what I'm known for."
Asha: "Well, you're in impressive company."
Julius: "Including you?"
Asha: "Me? No, God no, of course not... not that I didn't consider it, once or twice."
- Maero and Asha
- Asha: "I had an informant like you back in London, big guy, tough, covered in all sorts of body work. Used to demand payment in new ink."
Maero: "Not a bad idea, whatever happened to him?"
Asha: "He ended getting killed when he tattooed the number for the police department's tip hotline to the back of his hand."
- Matt and Asha
- Asha: "How are you enjoying the field work, Matt?"
Matt Miller: "To be honest I'd rather coordinate efforts from a safe distance. Mastermind is more my speed."
Asha: "Come on now, you have to admit there's an allure to being in the middle of the action."
Matt Miller: "An allure? Is it spy-code for dirt, blood, fire, nausea and the insufferable blatherings of monosyllabic enemies that all look alike?"
Matt Miller: "Well then, yes it does have an allure."
- Phillipe and Asha
- Asha: "You know, I almost had you in Cairo, a year before you were killed by the Saints."
Phillipe: "Please, Miss Odekar, you think I didn't know that you were in the city at that time? I find that rather insulting."
Asha: "There's no way you could have known that information, my cover was flawless."
Phillipe: "You never did give my people enough credit, Asha."
Asha: "Like anyone working for you could have... oh, wait, Matt?!"
- Tanya and Asha
- Asha: "I heard you ran the Vice Kings for a bit, that right?"
Tanya: "Longer than just a bit, yeah. Took the reigns after I pushed out Ben King."
Asha: "Ahh, it takes a strong soul to stand up to Benjamin. Huh, you seem to me more than your hooker getup suggests."
Asha: "No offense intended, I'm just used to more conservative fashion, I guess."
Tanya: "Oh, yeah. I-I can see that."
Asha: "But you do look completely like a hooker."
- Veteran Child and Asha
- Asha: "I find it very interesting the diversity of the foes that the Saints have faced."
Veteran Child: "Diversity of foes?"
Asha: "Sure, from what I heard the Saints have gone up against satanists, masked wrestlers, sinister aristocrats and apparently some pissed off Rastafarians."
Veteran Child: "I was a member of a voodoo gang. Thank you very much."
Asha: "Ha, and because that's so much better."
- "Odekar" is the username of Anoop Shekar, who is listed as a Designer in the credits for Saints Row, Saints Row 2  and Saints Row: The Third. His daughter's name is Asha.
- Asha's rescue mission parodies game mechanics from Metal Gear Solid, such as hiding from guards in boxes and the sound bite played when a guard is alerted.
- In the mission, "The Case of Mr. X", The Protagonist tells Asha, "You're like Johnny Gat with better hair."
- Asha is most likely of Punjabi descent, indicated from the origin of her name to the the Bollywood-esque nature of her super suit.
- ↑ Asha's first Audio Log
- ↑ Characters in Saints Row IV
- ↑ Image: Saints Row IV promo image
- ↑ Twitter: @Gavin_J_Porter that's not viola
- ↑ Youtube: Saints Row IV - War for Humanity (U.S. Version)
- ↑ Mission: Zero Saints Thirty
- ↑ Mission: The Saints Wing
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Mission: The Case of Mr. X
- ↑ Mission: Asha's VIP
- ↑ Twitter Anoop Shekar's twitter account
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Saints Row 2 credits
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ Twitter: Anoop Shekar's post about Asha
|Characters in Saints Row IV|