Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Saints Row: The Third|
At the beginning of the game, Arapice Island is a normal Neighborhood controlled by the Luchadores in the Carver Island District. It is home to the Steelport Chemical and Waste Disposal Plant, run by Ultor Chemical Disposal Services. At the northern part of the island is a poor neighborhood with small homes, a church, and a Thunder Pump gasoline station. The southern part of the island is taken up by the already mentioned chemical and waste disposal plant, with loads of chemical cisterns, active chimney stacks and trains.
Arapice Island becomes infested by zombies after the player causes a STAG Gawalek A36 transport plane to crash on the island, rupturing containers in the Steelport Chemical and Waste Disposal Plant. Deadly airborne biochemicals are released, which reanimate dead citizens and STAG soldiers on the island as zombies.
The player returns to Arapice Island shortly thereafter, as Mayor Burt Reynolds requests that the player and Viola DeWynter rid the island of the biochemical containers. Following the disposal of several containers into the surrounding rivers, the player has the option to keep the virus and gain zombie homies; or to destroy the last containers and earn an extra police notoriety wipe, along with Mayor Reynolds and a SWAT team as homies.
Regardless of the player's choice in "Zombie Attack", zombies still occupy the island. A large green cloud, which is only visible from a distance, envelopes the whole of Arapice Island after completing "Air Steelport". A small number of Luchadores occasionally still spawn on the island. If the player has any notoriety while entering the island, they may be attacked by zombies and the enemy gang/law enforcers. However, if the player wipes notoriety while on the island, the gangs/law enforcement fight the zombies instead of the player. The part of the freeway that is directly above the island is not affected by the infestation, as the zombies are unable to climb onto it.
- The Zombie Horde homies can be called after turning the island's citizens into zombies. Also Zombie Horde homies attack the rival zombies.
- The zombies act like an enemy gang.
- During the Survival instance on the island, the zombies drive Reapers, Ambulances and Criminals which are carrying zombie brutes.
- Related to the above, while the Reapers and the Ambulances are quite beat up and blow up easily, the Criminals have noticeably higher health.
- Zombie Brutes behave exactly like any default Brute would, except with greatly reduced health and durability.
- Occasionally, killing a certain amount of zombies increases Notoriety with the Luchadores, due to Carver Island being Luchadores territory, yet the Luchadores are attacked by the zombies when they arrive on the island.
- The zombies attack indiscriminately and thus, escaping to Arapice Island while having a high notoriety often devolves into a free-for-all. Due to sheer numbers, the zombies usually have the upper hand against other gangs.
- Zombies do not spawn inside the Steelport Chemical and Waste Disposal Plant that occupies much of the island, but if the zombies are alerted, they enter through the gates.
- Ultor's zombie virus may be related to the bodies retrieved for Tera in the Ultor Exposed DLC for Saints Row 2.
- Zombies spawn all over Steelport when the 'brains' Cheat is entered although the occasional police car spawns allowing a chance to get a wanted level.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
- There is a Rim Jobs on the southwest corner of the island, which is constantly accessible for car customisation or garage access. Though there are always zombies outside, the clerk of the store is always there.
- There is a Photo Op on the island, just outside of the gas station. Zombies, except for Zombie Brutes, do not attack the photographer unless they are disturbed and run away.
- There is purchasable property that continues to generate hourly income after the zombie infestation, but it is not a crib and thus cannot be used for safety.
- The Mayhem activity on the island is easier to complete prior to the zombie infestation because zombies do not drive cars, respawn constantly, and are only worth $100 each in property damage. When starting the activity during the infestation, it is advisable to simply walk down the street southbound from the gas station, and destroy the fences and blockades along the road.
- Activating cheats which change the type of pedestrians, such as the Mascot cheat, removes the zombies from the island.
Saints Row IVEdit
- Arapice Island is featured in Whored Mode as "Zombie Island".
- Despite the zombie infestation, Homies may spawn near Rim Jobs after it is purchased.
- Arapice Island is the place for the last Survival Call. The player must defeat a grand total of 600 zombies to clear it.
- Zombie population level is inversely proportional to Notoriety.
- The containers of zombie gas are present at all times prior to the mission "Air Steelport", but not afterwards, as the area where they were stored is destroyed by the STAG plane.
- When it rains zombies tend not to spawn.
- When entering Arapice Island with the "Drunk pedestrians" cheat active, the zombies become drunk.
- When returning to the island, cars and normal people may be present.
- There may be absolutely no zombies at all.
- There may be normal Civilians and cars like any other island.
- With zombies present, distant cars and pedestrians are still visible.
- This commonly occurs when warping to shore.
- Completing "Tour de Farce" and "Faster, More Intense!" may cause the island to reset to normal: without the crashed STAG plane or any damage, and the bridges are lowered but the zombies remain present.
- There is a save file glitch which causes the bridge next to the Rim Jobs in Ashwood to sometimes be lowered.
- Occasionally killing zombies causes a five star wanted level.
- Using the cheat brains and light/heavy rain turns Steelport into a ghost town with no pedestrians or AI cars. Saints no longer spawn in owned hoods or outside owned stores but still spawn in cribs.
- Across the street from the purchasable property building is a strip of unsolid land. As with all falls through the world, falling causes The Protagonist to respawn in New Baranec.