|Also known as||
Speed: 8. Laser guided and lock on.
- For huge explosions and firepower, you can't go wrong with a rocket launcher.
- — Saints Row: The Third weapon description
Saints Row 2Edit
The Annihilator is a rocket-propelled grenade launcher that uses laser guided missiles which can be re-targeted mid-flight. It is controlled by a laser-guiding system, and locks on to vehicles.
Saints Row: The Third Edit
In Saints Row: The Third, there is a new version of the Annihilator with the same name which is a powerful single-shot rocket launcher.
It is the only non-DLC weapon in the Explosive slot for the majority of the game, and is the only non-DLC weapon in the Explosive slot if Satchel Charges are not chosen during My Name is Cyrus Temple.
Upgrades to the Annihilator mainly focus on increasing the rocket's power, with the final upgrade changing the scope and allowing rockets to lock on to targets or seek the middle of the crosshair if they are not locked on. At level 4, rockets are "dumb fired" when not using Fine Aim.
- Used by enemies on the roof of Kinzie's Warehouse during Party Time.
- Available for purchase in Friendly Fire after completing "The Belgian Problem".
- Mission objective in "Trojan Whores", cannot be saved.
- When driving a tank with Notoriety, enemies spawn carrying the Annihilator and firing at the tank.
- Professor Genki and Saints Flow Mascots occasionally carry them.
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades
- Extremely powerful weapon against vehicles and tough enemies like Brutes.
- Large splash damage area.
- Only non-DLC explosive weapon for much of the game.
- When fully upgraded, it can be dumbfired while locking on to a vehicle, and assuming the rocket doesn't hit an obstacle, once lock-on is complete, the rocket immediately turns back and hit the target. Once lock-on is achieved, switching to another weapon does not break the lock.
- The full upgrade allows hitting targets behind obstacles.
- Slow rate of fire.
- Large splash damage area.
- Low ammunition.
- Expensive upgrades.
- Some vehicles still take multiple hits to destroy when fully upgraded.
- Slow-moving projectile can easily miss moving targets before the final upgrade.
- Can set co-op partners on fire or blast them into the air with friendly fire off.
- Only one projectile is allowed in the air at the same time. Cannot refire until the existing projectile explodes.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints row 2 is #947.
- In Saints Row: The Third, The Annihilator resembles the Airtronic RPG-7. The final upgrade adds the scope of an XM25.
- In Saints Row: The Third, Professor Genki occasionally wields an Annihilator when he is encountered. Normal civilian Saints Flow Mascots also sometimes carry the weapon and use it if provoked or while under mind control via Mollusk Launcher or Mind-Control Helmet, making them a good way to obtain it as Saints Flow mascots carrying one are more common than Professor Genki, have fixed spawn points in various locations, and are easier to kill. The easiest way to obtain one is by taunting Saints Flow mascots until one pulls out an Annihilator, kill them, and pick up the dropped weapon.
- As with all weapons in all games, Homies can also pick up Annihilators dropped by enemies.
- The Annihilator is replaced by the RPG in Saints Row IV.
- Killbane and the Luchadores use Annihilators to destroy the Hughes Memorial Bridge.
- I'm dying to get some footage of you using the Annihilator!
- — FUZZ Camera Man