|Angel De La Muerte|
|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third|
3rd Street Saints SRTT
|Voiced by||Hulk Hogan|
Angel is a Mexican-American former Luchadore and member of the 3rd Street Saints. In his glory days, he was once a tag-team partner to the famous luchador and his partner-in-crime, Killbane, which Kinzie mentions in Return to Steelport after Zimos has been rescued. Soon after, they formed a gang in Steelport called The Luchadores, made up of masked wrestlers who use heavy weapons and loved fistfights. As the gang grew larger, Killbane became angry and jealous of Angel's respect in the gang, therefore causing him to unmask Angel, causing him great shame [reference?].
Now, Angel is rarely seen in public and has found solace as a member of the 3rd Street Saints. Here, he can get revenge on the man that was once his best friend and helps the Saints in taking down the Luchadores [reference?].
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many will have conversations.
- Angel and Burt
Burt: "Do I know you?"
Angel: "Mexico, '96. Murderbrawl XIII."
Burt: "Oh. You look... different when you're not unconscious."
Angel: "I underestimated you. I thought you were just an actor. I didn't realize you were the man who trained Bear Trap Calhoun."
Burt: "Not your fault, kid. The Cutter can come from anywhere."
- Josh and Angel
Angel: "I'll train anyone who wants to learn."
Josh: "Excellent. So what do you wanna start with? Conditioning? Pilates? Yoga?"
Angel: "Punching beehives."
Angel: "Before we can train your body, we need to train your mind."
Josh: "Yeah... yeah... I love it."
- Kinzie and Angel
Kinzie: "I understand, I wanted to do that to."
Angel: "So you know what it is to feel shame beyond all measure?"
Kinzie: "No, I was really into Y2K."
Angel: "Please don't talk to me."
- Angel and Oleg
Oleg: "I don't waste my time with exhibitions. When I fight, I fight to kill."
Angel: "Ever consider Murderbrawl? You have the bloodlust for it."
- Angel and Shaundi
Angel: "For your friend?"
Shaundi: "Johnny was with the Saints longer than anybody; he was more than a friend - he was family."
Angel: "And what are you gonna do to avenge him?"
Shaundi: "Whatever it takes."
Angel: "I knew I liked you."
- Angel and Viola
Viola: "It's been a while."
Angel: "How could you stand by Killbane after what he did to me?"
Viola: "It was business, Angel. You lost."
Angel: "I was cheated!"
Viola: "Just because something's not fair doesn't mean it didn't happen. If you couldn't live with the consequences, you shouldn't have agreed to the match."
Angel: "I just didn't think, even if he won, Killbane would humiliate me like that."
Viola: "I'm gonna tell you a secret: Killbane's an asshole."
- Zimos and Angel
Angel: "Yes, Killbane. You?"
Zimos: "Viola and Kiki."
Angel: "Don't worry, we'll have our revenge."
- His name is Spanish and translates to "The Angel of Death".
- Jane Valderamma is the only person who pronounces his name the way you would in Spanish. Everyone else, including Angel himself, pronounces it the Anglophone way.
- He is seen in the E3 2011 trailer driving a member of the Morningstar into a glass table with a Tornado DDT.[reference?]
- If the player Bo-Dukes into a car, he will ask "Is that how you prepare for Killbane?"
- Just like in Mexican wrestling, it is understandable that he took such shame with his mask being removed, as it is often thought as a loss of dignity and who you are. In regular matches it's considered an illegal move and results in an immediate disqualification.[reference?]
- Angel wears a knee brace on his right leg, although the exact cause of the injury is never explained, and it never physically impaires Angel in-game.
- Angel De La Muerte has his own gym in Steelport, which may indicate that he was as popular as Killbane at one stage in his life at Steelport.
- One of the Taunts The Protagonist uses, called "Angelmania," where he or she is seen crouching down left and right asking for some noise is a reference to one of Hulk Hogan's famous taunts, "Hulkamania", though it is merely replaced with Angel"s name. Angel performs this move during the mission 3 Count Beat Down, after regaining his mask.
- Even though he gets his mask back, post-game Angel will not wear his mask when called as a homie.
- Angel is never seen in game with his hood on, he only has it on in the trailers and promotional art.
- His fate in the Shaundi ending is unknown as he does not appear at the end of that path in Three Way and is absent during the follow-up Gangstas in Space.
- In Angel's Gym, he has a poster of Killbane next to the garage with "Revenge" scribbled across it.
- In the mission Return to Steelport, he can be seen fending off Luchadores, but is not recruitable yet. After all the Luchadores are taken care of, he can also be seen returning to his gym to then be seen again wrestling with a Luchadore.
- A trait of Angel as a homie is that he can perform running takedown attacks on enemies if they get too close, rather than hitting them with his AR-55, but will stop this if he picks up the Annihilator.
- Angel's conversation with Shaundi involves him noticing her desire for revenge for Gat, and admires the lengths she's willing to go, as he is with Killbane for losing his mask.
- When recruited as a homie via the phone, Angel might complain that you're not doing anything useful if you're not doing any major combat on the ground, and may say, "you're wasting time", or something similar. Viola may also act this way in similar circumstances.
- It was hinted that Angel would quit the Luchadores and join the Saints from his mask (his mask had a shade of purple whereas other Luchadores, such as Killbane , has shades of green).
|Characters in Saints Row: The Third|
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third | Celebrities? I Got Your Celebrities Right Here, retrieved 19th July 2011
- ↑ http://translate.google.com/#es%7Cen%7CAngel+De+La+Muerte
- ↑ "There is No Try" mission