|Amberbrook Museum Pier|
? marked, ? minimum kills
- THIS IS MADNESS!
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
Pierce phones The Protagonist and briefs them on a deal being set up at Amberbrook by The Ronin. Although Pierce doesn't know the specifics of the meeting, he infers that "somethin' big is definitely goin' down" due to the amount of security. After moving through two sets of guards, The Protagonist destroys five boats among heavily-armed Ronin.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the Stronghold by selecting the Stronghold at a Newspaper Clipboard.
- Kill the first group of Ronin guards
Head through the small gift shop in the center of the area towards the "ruins" straight ahead. There are nine Ronin here who must be killed - watch out, as a couple of them placed atop the stairs are armed with RPG Launchers.
- Kill the next group of guards
Run ahead to another group of ten Ronin enemies who must be cleared out.
- Destroy the boats
- HUD: Boats Destroyed X/5
Head down to the jetties and destroy the five boats there - be careful if traversing down the cliff - many Ronin are guarding the docks and others show up as backup in ground vehicles, although killing them is not required.
- Pierce recommends The Protagonist use a McManus 2010 sniper rifle during the opening of this mission, but it is not necessary to use one.
- Upon completing the Stronghold, the newspaper clipping that is displayed shows the headline "THIS IS MADNESS!", a reference to the movie 300.
- The boat requires only 1 shot from any weapon to blow up.
- If all boats are destroyed before killing 2 groups of Ronin guards, killing both groups immediately completes the Stronghold.
- There is a Python that spawns east of the amphitheater but plays no role in the Stronghold whatsoever.
- Looks like the Ronin are settin' up shop for some deal. I don't know who or what they're moving yet, but judging by the amount of security they set up somethin' big is definitely goin' down. You're gonna have to take out two sets of guards before you can get a visual on the pier, if I were you I'd use a sniper rifle to drop those bitches from as far away as possible.
- — Pierce