|All the King's Men|
|Story arc||Vice Kings|
|Cutscene(s)||• "Return of the King" |
• "Staying Healthy"
• "Tanya's Fall From Grace"
|Homie(s)||Benjamin King |
|Objective(s)||• Take King's car. |
• Head to Impressions.
• Drive fast to scare Stefan.
• Head to the Vice Kings' penthouse.
• Find the elevator and proceed to the penthouse.
• Find Tanya and kill her.
|Reward(s)||• Adept Way neighborhood, Downtown District |
• King's Penthouse (Crib)
• Johnny's car (unique Venom)
• Vice Kings' cars (Tanya's unique Status Quo, King's unique Mag, Warren's unique Rattler, Aisha's unique Zomkah)
- Johnny Gat: "I'm gonna skull fuck that bitch."
The Protagonist: "Hope you don't mind hepatitis."
Johnny Gat: "Wha-!?"
— Johnny Gat and The Protagonist, during the elevator ride inside King's Penthouse
- "All the King's Men" is also the name of the final cutscene of the mission Always Use Protection
At the church, Johnny Gat explains to The Protagonist that, according to Benjamin King, Tanya's takeover of the Vice Kings didn't go as smoothly as planned; the Vice Kings are fighting amongst themselves, and Gat believes now is the perfect time to finish them off. Gat expresses doubts over King being able to finish off his own crew, but King enters and assures them both that he will do what he must.
Before heading for Tanya at King's Penthouse, they must first get the codes to the elevator. To do this, they pay a visit to Tanya's fashion consultant and close friend, Stefan, and dangle him out of the car's window from his legs, while at high speeds, until he breaks.
Now that they know the codes, Gat, King, and The Protagonist storm King's Penthouse and, after fighting through the last remnants of present Vice Kings and Tanya's fellow prostitutes, confront Tanya in King's old office. She stands up and brandishes a K6 Krukov, but before she can even take aim the three shoot her out of the window. She manages to grip the bottom edge of the window and attempts to beg for her life, but King tells her to die with some dignity and steps on her hand, sending her plummeting into his Mag, killing her. Outside, Gat takes his leave, planning to meet Aisha, and King thanks The Protagonist for all their help. He gives The Protagonist the keys to the penthouse and takes leave himself.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by pausing the game, and selecting 'Story' from the 'INFO' tab.
Tanya Winters was now in charge of the Vice Kings, and had taken over their headquarters. King suspected that the access codes to the penthouse offices had been changed, but he knew who he could get them from. You drove him to Impressions to have a "chat" with Stefan, the owner. After terrorizing him into giving up the codes, King, Johnny, and you went to confront Tanya. Working your way through the lobby, up the elevator, and through the penthouse the three of you confronted Tanya and her personal escort of gun toting hos. After a fierce fight, King put an end to Tanya, himself, leaving the Vice Kings nothing but a memory. As a thank you, King gave you the keys to the penthouse for your personal use.
The Vice Kings finale can only be played upon completion of the previous mission, "The King and I", and all related Strongholds: "Sunnyvale Loft", "Filmore Parking Garage", "Abandoned Police Station", "King's Grocery", and "Waterfront Rooftop".
After arriving at Impressions in the Nob Hill neighborhood, The Protagonist must drive around while Benjamin King holds Stefan out the window from his legs. There are two meters: one for Stefan's fear, and one for his health. By driving as fast as possible, Stefan's fear will increase, but collisions will decrease his health. The player must drive around Downtown while the Notoriety increases, avoiding hostile Five-Os and Peacekeepers. Eventually, Stefan will give up the codes and King will let go of him, allowing the player to go to King's Penthouse.
Once there, enter the building and kill all enemies. The Protagonist can die quite quick here, so be careful. Work through the lobby slowly and stick with King and Gat; the elevator is to the right on the second floor. After the elevator takes them upwards, the player must fight through the last of the Vice Kings and some prostitutes. The fighting here is very close quarters, and the hos in particular like to hide in the office cubicles, so don't underestimate anyone.
After reaching Tanya, a cutscene will play and the mission ends, and the player should congratulate themselves on completing the Vice Kings story arc. They are rewarded with the Adept Way neighborhood, a new Crib, and an assortment of Vice Kings-themed unique vehicles. Players can now start the Westside Rollerz and Carnales story arcs (starting with "Stacking the Deck" and "Crack Down" respectively). If players have completed all three story arcs, the "Battlefield Promotion" cutscene will play, and players can start the "Stuffing the Ballot" mission.
- Cash: None
- Respect: None
- Achievement: Regicide (40)
- Neighborhood: Adept Way
- King's Penthouse (Crib)
- Johnny's car (a unique Venom)
- Vice Kings' cars (Tanya's unique Status Quo, King's unique Mag, Warren's unique Rattler, Aisha's unique Zomkah
"Return of the King" cutscene Edit
- Johnny Gat: "I've been chattin' with King, and it looks like Tanya's takeover didn't sit so well with everybody. The Vice Kings are fighting amongst themselves; now's the time to take 'em out for good. King said he was gonna come along, I hope he hasn't gone soft."
Benjamin King: "Don't ever worry 'bout me, baby-boy, 'cause I'm gonna handle mine."
Johnny Gat: "All I'm sayin' is that since you got here you've been nothin' but talk."
Benjamin King: "I've smoked dozens of fools before. I ain't addin' to the count unless I have to."
Johnny Gat: "That's just fuckin' great."
Benjamin King: "I said don't worry about it."
Johnny Gat: "I don't want you bitchin' out when you see your crew."
Benjamin King: "Ain't my crew, son. That's why I'm here, remember? So how 'bout you put your dick away, pick up your gun, and try to keep your knee away from the bullets."
Johnny Gat: "[To The Protagonist] You heard the cocky sonofabitch, let's roll."
- Benjamin King: "If we wanna get to Tanya, we gotta get the code to the elevator..."
Johnny Gat: "How are we gonna get that?"
Benjamin King: "She tells everything to her fashion consultant, he shouldn't be too hard to break."
Johnny Gat: "Who is this guy?"
Benjamin King: "Some Eurotrash mother fucker named Stefan."
Johnny Gat: "I hate him already."
Stefan: "[After arriving at Impressions] Who do you think you are, barging into Stefan's boutique? Go away."
Johnny Gat: "You must be Stefan..."
Stefan: "Are you blind? Of course I am Stefan, now go."
Johnny Gat: "Oh, I'm hopin' you won't come quietly..."
Benjamin King: "Now you're gonna tell me what I wanna hear, you understand?"
Stefan: "Stefan knows about fashion, not about gangs!"
Benjamin King: "Well, Stefan also knows Tanya, so you better start talkin'..."
Stefan: "I don't know anything."
Benjamin King: "How do I get in the elevator?"
Stefan: "What are you doing? I don't like this, this makes me vibrate."
Benjamin King: "Wrong answer..."
Stefan: "Tanya tells me nothing, I just love her shoes..."
Benjamin King: "I'd talk if I were you... my arm's getting a little tired..."
Stefan: "You and your friend with the awful hair will release Stefan at once!"
Benjamin King: "Your bitch ass better stop talking in the third person or I'm gonna drop you on principle..."
Stefan: "Please don't hurt my face, I can't look common..."
Benjamin King: "I'm running out of patience, Stefan..."
Stefan: "You, you're nothing but a brute!"
Benjamin King: "Tell me how to get to Tanya..."
Stefan: "Why do you hate the beautiful people?"
Benjamin King: "Just tell me the code and I'll let you go..."
Stefan: "Stefan has done nothing to you!"
Stefan: "If you let me go I'll give you five percent off!"
Stefan: "Somebody help Stefan!"
Stefan: "Okay-okay-okay-okay! The code is 3131, please don't hurt Stefan!"
Benjamin King: "Thanks for your help..."
Benjamin King: "This is it, playa. You sure you're ready?"
Johnny Gat: "King, the only person in this car I'm worried about is you."
Benjamin King: "Then you don't know me, son."
Johnny Gat: "That's why I'm worried."
Benjamin King: "Your faith in me is very encouraging."
Johnny Gat: "I like to be positive."
Benjamin King: "[After arriving at King's Penthouse] Okay, there it is. The first thing we gotta do is clear a path to the elevator."
Johnny Gat: "What then?"
Benjamin King: "Then we kill Tanya."
Johnny Gat: "My kind of plan."
"Staying Healthy" cutscene Edit
- Johnny Gat: "Where now?"
Benjamin King: "The penthouse."
Johnny Gat: "I'm gonna skull fuck that bitch."
The Protagonist: "Hope you don't mind hepatitis."
Johnny Gat: "Wha-!?"
"Tanya's Fall From Grace" cutscene Edit
- Tanya Winters: "Some guys just never get enough of me."
Johnny Gat: "I've had more than my fill, bitch."
Benjamin King: "It's over, girl. You're not gonna be able to fuck your way out of this one."
Tanya Winters: "That's cute, sweetie. That's just precious. [She pulls out a K6 Krukov, but is shot out of the window, only just managing to grab a hold of the ledge]"
Tanya Winters: "P-p-please don't--"
Benjamin King: "Oh, Tanya, do yourself a favor and die with some dignity. [He steps on her fingers and she lets go, falling]"
Tanya Winters: "[Screams]"
Johnny Gat: "That sucks for your car. We better get outta here. The cops will be here soon."
Johnny Gat: "You comin', King?"
Benjamin King: "Alright, let's go."
Johnny Gat: "Hey, I know what you told Julius an' all, but why don't you stick around and roll with us, I'm sure he wouldn't mind havin' you around."
Benjamin King: "Don't bet on that."
Johnny Gat: "[To The Protagonist] You think you can find a way back to the Row on your own? Aisha... you know, the pussy calls. [Walks off]"
Benjamin King: "You did good in there, son. Here, I don't think I'll be needing these any more. [He gives The Protagonist the keys to his penthouse]"
- The Protagonist says one of his four unique lines throughout Saints Row in this mission: "Hope you don't mind hepatitis".
- The name of this mission shares its name with the final cutscene of the third Vice Kings mission, "Always Use Protection".
- The code for the elevator to Benjamin King's penthouse, 3131, is the same code for the freight elevator in the mission "Party Time" in Saints Row: The Third, and is part of the "31 Theory" Easter Egg.
- Stefan will always die when King releases him after being given the codes, regardless of his health, where he is dropped, and vehicle's speed. Despite this, his survival is retconned in Saints Row 2, where he is mentioned several times.
- Tanya Winters' death is similar to Dane Vogel's death in the Saints Row 2 mission "...and a Better Life".
- ↑ Cutscene: Return of the King
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Cutscene: Staying Healthy
- ↑ Cutscene: Tanya's Fall From Grace
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_GAT_ABANDONED=Johnny was abandoned.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_KING_ABANDONED=King was abandoned.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_FAIL_GAT_DEATH=Johnny was killed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_FAIL_KING_DEATH=King was killed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_FAIL_CAR_DEATH=King's car was destroyed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_VK09_FAIL_INTERROGATION=You killed Stefan before he talked.