- This page lists all Activities, please see each individual page for article for detailed information, such as unlockable rewards.
All Activities, and some types of Diversions, will earn cash, Respect, and can unlock rewards. There are no activities available at the beginning of the game, most become available after Appointed Defender, with Heli Assault becoming available after Three Kings.
Activities are important to the player as they unlock Respect, which is essentially a form of currency which allows the player to continue the storyline. As previously mentioned, they also unlock cash, which has a wider use in Saints Row 2, and specific unlockables, from discounts at stores to unlimited ammunition.
Along with new Activities, some previous Activities from Saints Row return, while others have been cut. Unlike Activities in Saints Row, each Activity in Saints Row 2 has just six levels instead of eight, and there are just two instances of them, rather than three. Unique unlocks are awarded to the player after completing both level three and level six of each Activity, rather than after completing all eight levels in Saints Row.
After completing each level, the player earns:
The differences between Activities and Diversions:
- Activities are required for 100% Completion. With the exception of Taggings and CD Collection, Diversions are not.
- Activities can be resumed from the last level played. Diversions must usually be restarted from the beginning.
- Activities are shown on the map. Diversions are usually started by pressing a button when prompted.
- Activities show the standard Mission screen. Diversions usually just have overlay text.
- For Chop Shop, you must find a certain car and deliver it to Chop Shop garage locations. Cars can be delivered at any time.
- In Crowd Control you must protect a celebrity from people attacking them.
- In Demolition Derby you earn money by crashing into and destroying competitors cars.
- In Drug Trafficking, you ride as a passenger while the drug dealer drives around making deals. You must protect the dealer and buyers from cops and gang members using a variety of supplied weapons.
- In Escort, you are given a car in which you drive a hooker and their client around town, avoiding the paparazzi and fulfilling any desires the client wants which the hooker can't.
- In Fight Club, you must kill opponents in a confined ring, using your fists and any melee weapons provided.
- In FUZZ, you are dressed as a police officer, and must take down criminals for a reality TV show, while being as brutal as possible.
- In Heli Assault you must use a Tornado Attack Helicopter to protect your Homies as they drive around in a car and distribute drugs.
- For Hitman, you must locate and eliminate specific targets. Targets can be killed at any time, and will appear on the map even if not selected in the HUD.
- In Insurance Fraud, you must throw yourself into harm's way for profit, throwing yourself in front of cars, or diving out of them, the more damage to yourself the more money you get.
- In Mayhem, you must destroy property in certain areas of the city, up to a certain value per round, using vehicles or weapons.
- In Septic Avenger, you must use a roof mounted Spray weapon to spray human excrement all over the town to bring down property values. As with the Drug Trafficking Activity, you do not control the car, but you can ask the driver to brake.
- In Snatch, you must recruit hos by killing rival pimps and return them back to the drop-off point within a set amount of time.
- In Trail Blazing you race a Toad which is on fire, earning points by damaging vehicles, objects and people.
- References to multiple unused activities have been found in the game data files
- Hijacking is not included in Saints Row 2, but some references remain.
- Piracy activity, which involved boarding cargo ships to steal items.
- Theft was an activity in Saints Row which was started by cracking a safe.
- Guardian Angel, which involved protecting people from assassins.
- Unlike in Saints Row, activity cutscenes cannot be replayed.
- Because activities can be played at any time, neither Carlos Mendoza or Johnny Gat are featured in any activity or activity cutscene, due to storyline events which make them unavailable at some points in the game.