- Give your foes a close encounter. Also works on cows.
- — Weapon Description
The Abduction Gun works as a laser designator for a beam of light that lifts those caught in the beam into the sky, relying on lifting targets far off the ground to eliminate them.
The Abduction Gun is an excellent weapon for dealing with Marauders, Murderbots and groups of enemies, as the beam easily kills them after reaching a certain height, and vehicle occupants are vulnerable to being sucked out of their vehicles.
The Abduction Gun does not work on Wardens, and vehicles are only lifted off the ground.
In addition, regardless of whether Ammo - Special 4 upgrade is purchased or not, only 1 beam may be active. The beam also has a set time of being active so any enemies not killed by the time the beam disappears are not eliminated, regular enemies might still die from fall damage, while Homies and Super Powered enemies are not harmed.
Charge Time and Recharge Rate can both be upgraded 5 levels each, there is no "ultimate upgrade".
The Abduction Gun becomes available after completing one Challenge. It does not matter which Challenge is completed, but the earliest Challenge which can be completed is "Time Spent with Homies", during "Zero Saints Thirty", allowing the Abduction Gun to be used during "The Fundamentals".
- Uses no ammo
- Only requires 1 challenge to be completed to unlock
- Can easily eliminate tough enemies like Murderbots
- Mandatory recharge until you buy infinite ammo for specials
- Must wait for beam to disappear if Ammo - Special 4 upgrade is bought
- Can down Homies if caught in the beam
- Cannot destroy vehicles, although it can suck out their drivers/pilots
- No effect against Wardens
The Abduct-O-Matic is the only costume for the Abduction Gun.
- The Abduction Gun can be used as a personal mobility tool, and can be used to quickly ascend into the air. This does not work for Homies though and are only incapacitated by the weapon.