The AR-50 XMAC is an updated model of the AR-40 Xtnd, which has a fast rate of fire and can cause highest amount of damage over any other rifle. The Masako are the only force which use the rifle during missions.[which?] It shares the same sound effect as the T3K Urban, but with a higher pitch.
There is also a AR-50 w/Grenade Launcher, which uses the grenades in the Thrown weapon slot.
- It becomes available at Friendly Fire after acquiring 18 neighborhoods.
- The Masako carry them as their standard issue weapons in cutscenes, while in gameplay they only use them if the game difficulty is set to normal or higher, and normally use AR-40 Xtnds.
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row 2 is #923.
- The AR-50 XMAC is based on the H&K XM8, hence the name XMAC. Its real life counterpart has a lower rate of fire and louder report due to its short barrel. The AR-50 XMAC has a built-in red dot scope, which is standard for all M8 rifles, but is not usable in the game. The XM8, the real life counterpart, is currently in use by the Royal Malaysian Navy PASKAL forces and has been since 2010.
- Considering the fact that it is far more damaging than even the K6 Krukov, it is likely chambered in the 7.62x51mm NATO round, which is slightly more powerful than the AK-47's 7.62x39mm round.