|Appears in||Saints Row: The Third|
The 45 Shepherd is a powerful handgun in Saints Row: The Third. The name suggests that it is the successor of the .44 Shepherd, though visually it is more similar to the GDHC .50. A "brute force" firearm first and foremost, the Shepherd is favored by the various gangs in Steelport due to its flexibility and raw punch.
The Shepherd is a powerful, accurate, slow-firing firearm that is much more potent per-shot and much more accurate (at first) than the KA-1 Kobra favored by law enforcement. By default it holds 8 rounds, and its heavy barrel ensures that it's extremely accurate. Unfortunately, it has a sluggish rate of fire (dual wielding and upgrades both alleviate this) and a harsh kick, which means that using it at long-range involves taking your time and aiming it to get the most out of it, as opposed to filling the air with lead.
Upgrades only make this fierce pistol more so. The level 2 upgrade improves its rate of fire, with the level 3 increasing clip size to 14. The level 4 upgrade gives the Shepherd explosive rounds, which not only have additional punch, but which can send enemies flying through the air or damage multiple foes at once. Unfortunately, the rounds do not discriminate - they are quite capable of causing damage to allied units if fired carelessly, and can even harm the user if they're fired up close.
Players start the game with this and the TEK Z-10.
- More accurate than the KA-1 when first obtained
- Excellent firepower
- Explosive shells can stun targets, send them flying, or damage a tightly-packed group
- Versatile when dual-wielded
- It can destroy vehicles at a much faster rate than the KA-1
- Explosive shells will penetrate anything
- Slow fire rate, especially before upgrades
- Kicks hard, making you need to aim at longer-ranged targets
- Smaller magazine than the KA-1
- Blind-fire accuracy is poor
- Explosive shells can damage you, and can cause collateral damage easily
Weapon upgrades Edit
- Main article: Weapon Upgrades.
|1||$100||"The handgun of choice for any Saint."|
|2||$200||"Increases the rate of fire."|
|3||$10,000||"Increase the size of your clips."|
|4||$20,000||"Exploding bullets shock your enemies."|
- The "45" in its name means it fires the .45 ACP round, or possibly the .45 GAP, though given its connection to the .44 Shepard and its raw power, it's more likely chambered in .45 Winchester Magnum.
- The 45 Shepherd looks like a Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
- ↑ Saints Row: The Third - Open World Gameplay Developer Commentary, retrieved 24th July 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 GameSpot Plays Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360)
|Weapons in Saints Row: The Third|
|Melee||Stun Gun • Baseball Bat • The Penetrator • Woodsman • Nocturne • Apoca-Fist • Saints Pow DLC|
|Pistol||KA-1 Kobra • 45 Shepherd • Laser Pistol DLC|
|SMG||TEK Z-10 • D4TH Blossom • Cyber Blaster • Auto Laser DLC|
|Shotgun||Grave Digger • AS3 Ultimax • S3X Hammer • Shark-O-Matic DLC • Bling Shotgun DLC|
|Rifle||K-8 Krukov • AR-55 • Viper Laser Rifle • Togo-13|
|Explosive||Annihilator • Satchel Charges • M2 Grenade Launcher DLC • Mollusk Launcher DLC • Laser Cannon DLC|
|Special||Reaper Drone • McManus 2015 • RC Possessor • SA-3 Airstrike • Cyber Buster • Sonic Boom|
|Thrown||Flashbangs • Molotovs • Grenades • Electric Grenades • Quarter-Circle Punch DLC|
|Temporary|| Riot Shield • Shock Hammer • GL G20 • Mini-Gun • Incinerator • Swarmitron DLC|
Behemoth • Blow-Up Doll • Shark • Tiki Torch • Cricket Bat • Urinal
|Vehicle||Mounted .50 cal • Minigun/Rockets • Gat Mobile • Laser Beam • Genki Cannon DLC|