- For the Tow Truck vehicle, see Shaft
Upon entering a Shaft, there is an onscreen prompt to start the Tow Truck Diversion. The concept of towing vehicles is introduced in the mission "Three Kings", which features towing Ramon's vehicle who owes money to Carlos.
In this Diversion, a series of vehicles must be towed to the nearest Car Mechanic location. The owners of the vehicles are always standing nearby and attack when approaching. Cash is awarded based on the damage level of the repossessed car.
Some levels of this diversion feature gang and law enforcement vehicles, and towing them gives more units of Notoriety.
The Shaft cannot be repaired, left for more than 30 seconds, or to switched for a new Shaft mid-diversion. Forgive and Forget is unavailable and doesn't remove Notoriety.
Completion of this Diversion is one of the requirements for the Blue Collar Achievement.
- Vehicles Towed
- Cash Earned as Tow Truck Driver
|1||50||75||90||1||1||Varsity (Beater)||0||Civilian||Butterfly Knife|
|2||100||100||80||1||1||Mockingbird (Beater)||0||Civilian||Baseball Bat|
- See also: Tips
- Exit and move away from the Shaft when being attacked, so that it is not damaged.
- This Diversion can be started in different areas around Stilwater with different geography, which can make it easier.
- The Barrio parking garage has target cars which spawn at the very top level, which can be difficult.
- Temporarily reducing the game difficulty level greatly helps to finish this Diversion.
- Killing the owner of the target vehicle was originally intended to fail the Diversion.
- If the target vehicle is destroyed, another target spawns at the next closest location.
- Target vehicles have more hitpoints than normal and are able to withstand more abuse.