|Stacking the Deck|
- Aside from macho bullshit, I haven't heard much. The only interesting news I got is that a shipment of high performance cars is coming in today. It's not much, I know, so we're gonna make the best of it. Jack the truck carrying the cars before it makes its delivery and take it to Samson. He'll load up the cars with a few surprises, then finish the delivery. Now get outta here before someone sees us.
In the first mission of the Westside Rollerz story arc, Lin meets The Protagonist in secrecy outside the Ultor Dome in the Arena District. She explains that she hasn't found too much information on the gang, aside from a delivery of high-performance vehicles arriving today. She asks The Protagonist to steal the Peterliner carrying the vehicles and deliver them to Samson, who loads them up with "a few surprises" before finishing the delivery.
The Protagonist obliges; stealing the Peterliner and delivering all the vehicles to a garage in the Saint's Row District, all while avoiding hostile Westside Rollerz gang members, and is paid $500 cash for helping.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
It can be read in-game upon completion of the mission by pausing the game, and selecting 'Story' from the 'INFO' tab.
Lin, the Saints' expert on the Westside Rollerz, informed you that the Rollerz had a shipment of high-performance cars coming in. Acting on her tip, you intercepted and hijacked the delivery truck en route, delivering the goods to Samson instead. The cars were then delivered back to the Rollerz- but not before Samson made a few surprise modifications.
This mission is available to the player anytime after completing the 3rd Street Saints prologue mission "Reclamation". As the first mission in the Westside Rollerz story arc, it is a generally easy mission; requiring the player to steal a Peterliner traveling north on a freeway in the Arena District.
The easiest method to hijack the Peterliner is to drive in front of it and shoot the driver through the windscreen (a useful method to stop any vehicle). Once the driver is dead the vehicle pulls over and the player can quickly get inside it. The only minor challenge in this mission is the escort, which consists of one Westside Rollerz vehicle accompanying the Peterliner. Players can choose to kill the escort although it is not necessary.
After successfully hijacking the Peterliner, Westside Rollerz Notoriety increases to level 3, and it must be driven to a marker on the exit of the freeway at Mission Beach in the Saint's Row District. This shouldn't be difficult at all, as the Peterliner is very resilient to damage and can plow through vehicles easily. Upon delivery of the vehicle, the player is awarded just $500.
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jack Armstrong: I'm Jack Armstrong. It's not safe to be a truck these days. More and more 18 wheelers are becoming the targets of successful hijacking attempts. Stilwater police are warning shipping companies and the drivers' unions to be extra vigilant when traversing both the highways and surface streets in town. Cartage insurance rates have risen recently when shipping through Stilwater. Yet another black eye for a city under siege. From the newsroom, I'm Jack Armstrong.
- This is the first of two missions where Lin smokes, the other being "Guardian Angel".
- Donnie is mentioned for the first time in this mission, although he does not appear until the mission "Guardian Angel".
- A character named Ricky Liu is also mentioned for the first and only time in this mission, although he never appears in game.
- Lin's car, a unique Voxel, appears for the first time in this mission.
- The GPS route on the Map usually reveals the quickest route to an objective; however, once the player has hijacked the truck, it advises the player to travel via the freeway.
- All three vehicles the Peterliner is carrying can be destroyed (most easily achieved using either an RPG Launcher or Platinum Rocket Launcher) without any penalty, despite the fact that the vehicles are integral to Lin's plan.
- It is possible for the escort accompanying the truck to kill themselves if they drive into it.
"Just a Girl" cutscene Edit
- Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "That's a sweet ride Lin."
Lin: "Uh huh."
Westside Rollerz gang member #2: "Who tuned it for ya?"
Lin: "No one, I did it myself."
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "The spoiler looks like Donnie's work."
Westside Rollerz gang member #2: "No way, that underglow screams Ricky Liu."
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "Yeah, I guess it does."
Lin: "What is this, fuckin' third grade?"
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "Whaddya mean?"
Lin: "Forget it, I'll see ya tomorrow."
Westside Rollerz gang member #2: "[Walking off] Dude, she totally wants you."
Lin: "Assholes... I swear to God, we're not going to be able to kill these bastards fast enough."
Lin: "Aside from macho bullshit, I haven't heard much. The only interesting news I got is that a shipment of high performance cars is coming in today. It's not much, I know, so we're gonna make the best of it. Jack the truck carrying the cars before it makes its delivery and take it to Samson. He'll load up the cars with a few surprises, then finish the delivery. Now get outta here before someone sees us."
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_WR01_TRUCK_DESTROYED=The <green>truck</green> was destroyed.
- ↑ Mission strings: MSN_WR01_TRUCK_REACHED_DESTINATION=The <green>truck</green> got away!
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Cutscene: Just a Girl
- ↑ Cutscene: Undercover
- ↑ Cutscene: The Sleeper