|Saints Row: The Third|
|Saints Row IV|
Oleg is a former KGB agent. Standing around 8 feet tall and extremely muscular, he is not only physically strong but also also very intelligent.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
He was held captive for several years by The Syndicate, who sought to make use of his immense strength and knowledge. From a top-secret cloning facility at the Syndicate Tower, they used him as a master pattern to create the brutes. The clones produced are super-strong, but they lack the intelligence of Oleg. After being rescued, Oleg helps The Protagonist, Pierce, and Shaundi locate and kill Phillipe Loren. After this, he joins the Saints, helping them in various missions and as a homie. Over the course of the Saints occupation of Steelport, Oleg and Pierce are seen playing chess. The games are never culminate in a winner because something always disturbs the board. The first time The Protagonist kicks the table, then Oleg drops a bag on the game and finally a VTOL crashes into the penthouse.
Saints Row IVEdit
When The Protagonist becomes President, Oleg becomes the President's head of security. Early on Oleg is seen defending him from an obsessed fan by kicking him away. When the Zin invade Earth, he and Josh Birk escape invasion. Later, as they share a drink at the Broken Shillelagh, Kinzie attempts to call Oleg to mount a counterattack against the Zin, but he dismisses her call as a telemarketer because he does not recognize the number. He and Josh are both killed when Zinyak blows up the Earth.
- During "Gang Bang" Oleg is on the VTOL he jumps on during the mission west of the Saints HQ. The Protagonist mentions something about him "having fun".[quote?]
- Oleg Kirrlov's surname was reported to be "Kirrlor" by GameInformer, which "became legacy" according to Steve Jaros, lead writer for Saints Row: The Third.
- When he is found in the Syndicate Tower, his groin is blurred, but his buttocks are not.
- When released from his shackles, he drops into a kneeling position that resembles The Terminator's first appearance.
- When Oleg is asked in an interview about his history with the KGB, he is angered and says "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER." In general, Oleg is very tight lipped about his life before being captured by The Syndicate and being cloned, stating "it would be better for the Saints' friendship if [they] didn't know about it".[quote?] Despite this, he admits to being a KGB agent to Kinzie.
- Oleg says that the KGB destroyed the only NEMO chair in existence.
- Oleg reveals that he has feelings for Kinzie, saying "It is rare I find an intellectual equal."
- Oleg's attacks are similar to Brutes.
- When left idle while using Female Voice 1, The Protagonist states they are tired of Oleg's lectures on the failings of capitalism.[quote?]
- Oleg plays chess with Pierce several times during the game, though something always seems to ruin the game. He purposely ruins the chess game he and Pierce are playing, suggesting he was losing and did not wish Pierce to win.
- Oleg usually advocates the logical course of action during missions with multiple choices, despite personal unpleasantness. He suggests keeping the Syndicate Tower, despite the time he spent suffering there, and the zombie virus, despite him being a former "patient zero". At the end of the game, he states the player should go after Killbane instead of rescuing the captured Saints, claiming that Shaundi should be left to die so their work would not be in vain.
- During combat, cloned Brutes may refer to him as "father", to which he replies "You're no child of mine, just an abomination."
- Oleg can pick up the Mini-Gun and Incinerator, and never run out of ammo.
- Oleg speaks Latin, and occasionally offer to teach The Protagonist after being called as a homie. He also says that it is nice to converse in a proper language.
- Sometimes, if left idle when using Female Voice 2, she mentions that Oleg reminds her of her father, even if The Protagonist has not yet rescued Oleg.
- When stealing a motorbike, Female Voice 2 may say "I would love to see Oleg on this", again before meeting Oleg.
- The Female Voice 2 Protagonist frequently refers to Oleg as "comrade", in reference to their Eastern European nationalities and the communist stereotypes associated with them.
- Whenever you call Oleg up as a Homie he is always driven by the same female Saint, who is also automatically recruited as a follower.
- Oleg recognizes the technology and firepower utilized by STAG. When The Protagonist asks him about it, he claims it to be "military grade, way beyond the private sector".
- Oleg's personal and professional opinions of Viola DeWynter serve as some of the motivating factors for why The Protagonist allowed Viola to join the Saints.
- According to the development section of the Prima guide, originally Oleg wasn't cloned, he was a leg breaker for The Syndicate, who joined the Saints to be with his role model: Josh Birk.
- Oleg's movements in cut scenes look remarkedly similar to Mr. Hyde's in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Oleg's left eye is discolored when he is rescued, but after killing Loren, his eye becomes normal.
- According to Principal Technical Artist Adam Pletcher, "Oleg can't fit into most cars, but he will climb into truck beds." This is untrue, Oleg can only climb into the back of a Criminal.
- In the description of the "Find Shortcuts" Challenge, Oleg quotes Sun Tzu's Art of War.
- In the description of the "Destroy Smart Cars" Challenge Oleg asks The Protagonist to destroy Emus, saying "the impracticality of these little vehicles for someone of my size annoys me."
- Oleg's potential relationship with Kinzie is similar to Jaws, a giant Slavic male, relationship with a bespectacled mousy blonde female in the film Moonraker.
- In Saints Row IV, during a cutscene between him and Josh Birk, he states that at first he disliked Nyte Blayde but enjoyed it soon afterwards.
- A portrait of Oleg can be seen in the White Crib, which is not on the Saints Row website.
- Oleg's appearance resembles Mariano Mendoza. At the Saints Row: The Third's debut at E3 he officially cosplayed Oleg for Volition.
- Despite Oleg's intelligence, he isn't abducted by Zinyak in Saints Row IV.
- I am always gentleman.
- — Oleg to The Protagonist and Viola.
- Once more into the breach, dear friends.
- — Oleg when riding in a car, a quote from Henry V.
- Et tu, Brute.
- — Oleg quoting Julius Caesar when being injured by The Protagonist.
- Fly, You fools.
- — Oleg quotes Gandalf while throwing an enemy.
- You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
- — Oleg quoting Bruce Banner in battle.
- As Shakespeare wrote,'Brevity is the soul of wit.'
- — Oleg quoting Hamlet when dismissed.
- I have not yet begun to fight.
- — Oleg quoting John Paul Jones.
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many have conversations.
Angel and Oleg
- Angel: "Ever consider Murderbrawl? You have the size of it."
Oleg: "I don't waste my time with exhibitions. When I fight, I fight to kill."
Angel: "Ever consider Murderbrawl? You have the bloodlust for it."
Burt and Oleg
- Burt: "Oleg Kirrlov."
Oleg: "I should kill you where you stand, Reynolds."
Burt: "The Cold War is over, son."
Oleg: "Do you think I'm naïve enough to believe that?"
Burt: "Ha, guess not."
Oleg: "I owe a debt to the Saints, but when this is all over, you and I will settle what we started in Moscow."
Burt: "Anytime, you commie."
Josh and Oleg
- Josh: "A soldier of the working man, huh? I know what you're going through."
Oleg: "Do you?"
Josh: "I played Torvald in A Doll's House when I was nine."
Oleg: "Never talk to me again."
Kinzie and Oleg
- Kinzie: "KGB, right?"
Oleg: "Is it that obvious?"
Kinzie: "You're a giant Russian Superman. You don't have a whole lot of options, unless you're really Rasputin."
Oleg: "I think I like you, mousey-one."
Shaundi and Oleg
- Shaundi: "So, what did you do before you were a glorified pin cushion?"
Oleg: "I worked for the Russian government."
Shaundi: "What did you do for them?"
Oleg: "Whatever my country needed of me."
Shaundi: "That's... very vague... and really unnerving."
Oleg and Viola
- Oleg: "I'm onto you, woman."
Viola: "What are you droning on about?"
Oleg: "You fooled the Saints, but I know your true colors."
Viola: "People change, Oleg."
Oleg: "No they don't. I'm watching you."
Zimos and Oleg
- Zimos: "Hey big man, I have a question."
Zimos: "I know a lot of lonely ladies who would love a chance to spend the night with a man of your talent."
Oleg: "I'm not one of your whores, old man."
Zimos: "No, you're a civil servant giving poor widows a chance to feel what it's like to be with a real man for the first time in their cold lives."
Oleg: "Hmmm, I will consider."
- ↑ Saints Row Wiki: Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 YouTube: Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer, retrieved 18th July 2011]
- ↑ Homie conversation:
Kinzie and Oleg
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Mission: The Belgian Problem
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mission: Convoy Decoy
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Mission: STAG Party
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Mission: Three Way
- ↑ Mission: The Saints Wing
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Mission: The Real World
- ↑ Saints Row website: About > Gangs, retrieved 5th November 2011
- ↑ Mission: Stop all the Downloading
- ↑ Mission: Return to Steelport
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Mission: Gang Bang
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Primagames: Prima Guide Developer tips
- ↑ Note: Tested with Peterliner, Flatbed, Thorogood, Alaskan, Bulldog and Compensator
- ↑ Saints Row website: About > People