|Also known as||
- It's been a while. You look good.
Jane Valderamma is the News Reporter of Stilwater's local channel, Channel 6. She reports on Johnny Gat's trial, interviewing Troy Bradshaw after The Protagonist, Johnny and Pierce rob Poseidon's Palace, and then again after Troy Bradshaw is forced by Dane Vogel to free several Brotherhood members from incarceration. She has loathing for a lawyer named Zach Johnson, whom she says stole her footage time. To make people more focused on her during her report, she paid The Protagonist to cause mayhem in various neighborhoods throughout the city.
Though looking remarkably different, Jane's new job in Steelport is basically the same as her job in Stilwater, reporting on the aftermath of The Protagonist's mayhem and destruction during missions, although this time far more frequently, reporting her "regular scheduled radio programming" after every mission completed by The Protagonist (activity missions are not reported by her).
- Main article: Newscasts
In Saints Row (along with Jack Armstrong), Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third, Valderamma gives news reports on the radio after completing certain missions, often summarizing the events of them. In the latter game, her newscasts tend to be around 45 seconds long and play immediately after getting into a vehicle following completion of a mission. Certain newscasts are followed by adverts for episodes of Nyte Blayde. Unlike Saints Row 2, Valderamma's newscasts play over the Mixtape, although changing the radio station back and forth stops it.
Saints Row 2: Ultor ExposedEdit
She is prominent in the Saints Row 2 DLC Ultor Exposed in which The Protagonist contacts her in doing an interview with Tera Patrick. Both The Protagonist and Tera go through a lot to get the bodies and chemicals as proof to Ultor's wrongdoings. But when time to do the interview, Jane twist Tera's words to make it look like she was the one responsible, humiliating Tera on TV. Once the cameras stop rolling, Jane gives a subtle hint that she was paid off and states her reasons that Ultor would've buried the story regardless and that Tera can try her little revenge without them. A furious Tera vows she will.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
Jane is present when Cyrus Temple offers to answers questions on the newly arrived STAG in Steelport. He goes on to tellthe story of the death of Jessica in order to sway Jane who begins questioning how safe STAG is to the people of Steelport.
Jane later gives an interview to Luchadores leader Killbane who set up the 3rd Street Saints over the destruction of the Hughes Memorial Bridge in Stilwater. The Protagonist and Shaundi arrive to kill Killbane, and Jane tells them that Killbane has ran off and anxiously asks The Protagonist if they are mad about her interviewing Killbane. The Protagonist however simply leaves with Shaundi to sort out Killbane.
Saints Row IVEdit
Jane is abducted by Zinyak before the Earth was destroyed, and serves as the DJ for 97.6 K12 FM within The Simulation. She is also featured on Klassic 102.4 when made to read from Shakespeare by Zinyak which she delivers in the same tone like her newscasts.
Enter the DominatrixEdit
In Saints Row 2 her name is referred to as "Valderama" on the Homie unlock screen and "Valderamma" in the subtitles and string files of the game. In Saints Row: The Third she's again referred to as "Valderamma" in the Oliver Assassinations request and "Valderrama" in the mission "STAG Film", with no mention of "Valderama".
- During the credits of Saints Row, she and Jack Armstrong report on the explosion of Alderman Hughes' yacht.
Saints Row 2Edit
- Jane is unlocked as a homie in Saints Row 2 after performing 50 Muggings.
- She uses a Tombstone and drives an Anchor when called as a Homie.
- She may arrive in an Anchor with any logo, although she works for Channel 6.
- Valderamma is a Hispanic surname, but Jane speaks with a Mid Atlantic accent, in this case meaning a cross between a East Coast American accent and an Upper Middle Class South East English accent rather than an accent from the Mid Atlantic region of the United States. It is also possible that her voice and accent could be based on the late ITN newsreader Carol Barnes, as the ITN News theme plays at the end of news bulletins in Saints Row 2.
- Valderamma's voice is similar to comedian Alex Borstein's character Tricia Takanawa on Seth McFarlene's Family Guy, which in turn is a reprisal of her character Sue Napersville from MadTV's recurring News at Six sketch.
Saints Row: The ThirdEdit
- Jane Valderamma made her debut appearance in Saints Row: The Third after IGN released a preview showcasing the F-69 VTOL, in which Valderamma gives a news report on the radio.
- She gives news reports on the the radio in Saints Row: The Third, the first time of which is after The Protagonist arrives in Steelport, reporting on the crates and vehicles that had fallen out of Loren's jet.
- She pronounces Spanish names such as Hector and Angelo Lopez and Angel DeLa Muerte the Spanish way; although Angel himself pronounces the name the Anglophone way.
- Despite this, she pronounces Carlos Mendoza's name the anglophone way in a Saints Row 2 newscast.
Saints Row IVEdit
- Jane and Johnny Gat are the only characters who are in every game in the series with the same voice actor.
- An article on the Saints Row Website detailing the history of the Saints is written by Jane.
When recruited as a Homie she often comments as if she was doing a newscast, and sometimes says "I've never been an embedded journalist before" when calling her on the Cellphone.[replace with actual quote]
- ↑ (Please add label) Saints Row: The Third credits
- ↑ (Please add label) Voice only
- ↑ Missions: Live! With Killbane, Gang Bang
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mission: Live! With Killbane
- ↑ Mission: Appointed Defender
- ↑ Mission: Saint's Seven
- ↑ Mission: Jail Bait
- ↑ Activity: Mayhem, Red Light District
- ↑ Mission: Weekend at Tera's
- ↑ Mission: Burden of Proof
- ↑ Mission: America's Next Top Scientist
- ↑ Mission: Bank Error in Your Favor
- ↑ Mission: Gang Bang
- ↑ Mission: Return to Steelport
- ↑ Image: Jane "Valderama" unlocked as a Homie in Saints Row 2
- ↑ (Please add label) Newscasts in Saints Row 2
- ↑ Image: Jane's surname spelled as "Valderamma" in Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ Image: Jane's surname spelled as "Valderrama" in "STAG Film" in Saints Row: The Third
- ↑ Mission: Saints and Martyrs
- ↑ Newscast:
- Jack Armstrong: This just in to the newsroom, a deadly explosion has rocked the waterfront. Our Jane Valderamma is already at the scene.
- Jane Valderamma: Jack, waterfront residents and the press, who were setting up their cameras and microphones to cover the gala fund-raiser scheduled for mayoral candidate's Hughes' campaign, were treated to an amazing site a few moments ago as the yacht registered to the alderman exploded in a shower of brass and mahogany. We were a safe distance away so no one here was injured, as far as we can tell, but we have no word as to who - if anyone - was actually aboard. We don't know how this happened, why this happened, or even who was on the boat - if anyone - as no survivors have been located. I was inside the press tent when it happened, but witnesses outside say that the peaceful, serene evening was suddenly punctured by a viscous explosion that not only reduced the alderman's yacht to a pile of floating debris, but knocked out windows and swamped smaller boats throughout the marina. Jack.
- Jack Armstrong: Jane, while you were giving that report we attempted to contact Alderman Hughes' press secretary, and there was no answer. Do we know where the alderman is?
- Jane Valderamma: No we do not, Jack. I've asked around and no one from the press cord noticed any official movement on the boat, as it's early in the evening and the event was not scheduled to begin for another couple of hours.
- Jack Armstrong: Do we know if this was an accident, or yet another attempt on the life of a public official?
- Jane Valderamma: Jack, we don't have any definitive answers on that, and with almost no details emerging yet, we still do not know if this was something as silly as a galley or a fuel tank explosion... but in the light of recent events, we cannot rule out the possibility that this was more than just an accident. Reporting live from the waterfront, this is Jane Valderamma. Back to you, Jack.
- Jack Armstrong: Thank you, Jane, and stay dry. Stay tuned as we get more details on this unfolding event, we will bring them to you immediately. In the newsroom, I'm Jack Armstrong.
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row: The Third - Fighter Jet Gameplay
- ↑ Mission: We're Going to Need Guns
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.saintsrow.com/uk/about/history