- The handgun of choice for any Saint.
- — Weapon Description 
There are 4 costumes for the Heavy Pistol in the base game: .45 Fletcher, Cumia Magnum, DEK-RD Railpistol and The Captain. An additional costume, the Flintlock, is available in the Pirate's Booty Pack DLC.
Clip Size, Damage, Rate of Fire and Recoil can all be upgraded 5 levels each, with a separate Explosive Ammo "ultimate upgrade".
In comparison to the Quickshot Pistol, the Heavy Pistol exchanges rate of fire, magazine capacity and reload speed for greatly increased damage, regardless of the Quickshot Pistol's Damage upgrade, which gives the Heavy Pistol the advantage in terms of ammo conservation. The Alien Pistol performs similarly to the Heavy Pistol terms of performance but the Heavy Pistol has the advantages/disadvantages of using magazines.
Though descended from Saints Row The Third's 45 Shepherd, the Heavy Pistol has a slower default rate of fire and does literally 2/3rds the damage. The Explosive Ammo upgrade also has a less intense ragdoll force compared to the original, making it more difficult to "juggle" enemies. Despite this, at full upgrade the Heavy Pistol does more damage per shot than a fully upgraded Shepherd.
Saints recruited off the street are equipped with one if Upgrades are not purchased to give them better weapons.
- Explosive rounds upgrade can stun targets, send them flying and can possibly hit multiple targets if tightly packed
- Consumes ammo at a slower rate than the Quickshot Pistol
- Dual-wield upgrades makes these pistols versatile
- More powerful than the Quickshot Pistol
- Heavy recoil without Recoil upgrades
- Slow firing without Rate of Fire upgrades
- Smaller Clip Size than the Quickshot Pistol
|Gold-Plated||Put some bling bling in your bang bang. |
|Onyx Black||You'll look good in black. |
|Cumia Magnum||Default||Bang, bang. You're dead. |
|Wireframe||Transparently Lethal |
|Tiger||For urban predators |
|DEK-RD Railpistol||Default||All you gotta do is shoot straight. |
|Bloody Mess||Somebody got a little too up close and personal. |
|Arctic Camo||Chill out. |
|The Captain||Default||For when you aim to misbehave. |
|Blue Steel||For cool customers |
|Flintlock DLC||Default||For all yer pillagin' an' plunderin' needs!|
- The Captain is based on the pistol used by Captain Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly, and the quotes are references to the series.
- The DEK-RD Railpistol is based on the gun used by Rick Deckard in Blade Runner, and the name and quotes are references to the film.
- The .45 Fletcher is based on the GDHC .50, which is based on the Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
- The .45 Fletcher also has a Picatinny rail along the barrel, a feature of current production Mark XIX Desert Eagles and barrels.
- The .45 Fletcher was first revealed in the PAX gameplay demo.
- The Cumia Magnum is based on the Chiappa Rhino 60DS. The gun is named after radio host Anthony Cumia from the Opie and Anthony show. Mr.Cumia is known on the show for his love of guns and large collection of them.
- The Heavy Pistol is used by The Protagonist in many cutscenes in Saints Row IV.
- The "45" in the .45 Fletcher's name means it fires the .45 ACP round, or possibly the .45 GAP, though given its connection to both the .44 Shepherd and 45 Shepherd it terms of raw power, it's more likely chambered in .45 Winchester Magnum.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mission: Zero Saints Thirty
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mission: The Saints Wing
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mission: De Plane Boss
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mission: The Case of Mr. X
- ↑ Homies
- ↑ Image: Weapon Description
- ↑ Image: Upgrade list
- ↑ Image: .45 Fletcher - Default weapon description
- ↑ Image: .45 Fletcher - Gold-Plated weapon description
- ↑ Image: .45 Fletcher - Onyx Black weapon description
- ↑ Image: Cumia Magnum - Default weapon description
- ↑ Image: Cumia Magnum - Wireframe weapon description
- ↑ Image: Cumia Magnum - Tiger weapon description
- ↑ Image: DEK-RD Railpistol - Default weapon description
- ↑ Image: DEK-RD Railpistol - Bloody Mess weapon description
- ↑ Image: DEK-RD Railpistol - Arctic Camo weapon description
- ↑ Image: The Captain - Default weapon description
- ↑ Image: The Captain - Chrome-Plated weapon description
- ↑ Image: The Captain - Blue Steel weapon description
- ↑ Image: .45 Fletcher in PAX gameplay demo