January 17th, 2012
"The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other."[reference?]
A genius in entertainment and mayhem, the homicidal man-cat Professor Genki has put together the most watched game show event on TV, Genkibowl VII. But every game show needs a star contestant, and Professor Genki has chosen the leader of the Saints. With the Saints' reputation for excessive murder and carnage, Steelport's own Zach and Bobby (of Murderbrawl fame) will give the play-by-play commentary with their newest colleague, Tammy Tolliver.
As a special surprise, the Professor has allowed his very own Genki Girls to theme the new games after themselves.
|Super Ethical PR Opportunity||Based on Escort. Motivate Professor Genki before public appearances.|
|Apocalypse Genki||Based on Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax. Fighting mascots in dark, shark-infested jungles.|
|Sad Panda Skyblazing||Based on Base Jumping, sail through targets and kill mascots on rooftops.|
|Sexy Kitten Yarngasm||Based on Tank Mayhem. Crush vehicles with a giant yarn ball.|
There is no opening cutscene to Genkibowl, the first mission begins from the cellphone.
|Apocalypse Genki Easy||Angry Tiger Mask|
|Super Ethical PR Opportunity Easy|
|Sexy Kitten Yarngasm Easy||Verminator|
|Super Ethical PR Opportunity Medium||Genkimobile|
|Activity markers||Apocalypse Genki Medium||Angry Tiger (Homie)|
|Sexy Kitten Yarngasm Medium||Sexy Kitten (Homie), Sexy Kitten Mask|
Sexy Kitten Rides: Criminal, Kayak, Solar
|Sad Panda Skyblazing Easy||Sad Panda (Homie)|
|Sad Panda Skyblazing Medium (activity marker)||Tammy Tolliver (Homie), Sad Panda Outfit|
|Genkibowl Closing Ceremony cutscene (autostart)|
Viewer Pack The FirstEdit
Viewer Pack The First is a free DLC, simultaneously released to allow players who have not purchased Genkibowl VII to play online with those who have. Viewer Pack The First is the same size as Genkibowl VII.
- This free pack will help keep your co-op game rolling if your partner has downloaded Genkibowl VII and also grants you the Saints number one fan CheapyD as a new homie! This free pack does not allow you to play Genkibowl VII, but allows for full compatibility in a co-operative game. This pack is not necessary if you have already downloaded Genkibowl VII.
Achievements and TrophiesEdit
- Main article: Achievements and Trophies in Saints Row: The Third
|Cooked To Perfection||10||Bronze||Roast 50 peds with the car's flamethrower (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).|
Roasted 50 peds with Genki Mobile's flamethrower. Toasty!
|Get Off My Back||5||Bronze||Destroy 5 chase vehicles (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).|
Destroyed 5 chase vehicles and kept Professor Genki from becoming annoyed.
|Stick the Landing||5||Bronze||Land on Magarac Island (in Sad Panda Skyblazing).|
Landed at the feet of Big Joe Magarac.
|Cat on a Hot Tin Roof||10||Bronze||Kill all of the rooftop mascots (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).|
Killed all the mascots in Sad Panda Skyblazing.
|Flame On||10||Bronze||Fly through all of the rings (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).|
Flew through all of the rings in Sad Panda Skyblazing.
|Feeding Time||10||Bronze||Throw 5 mascots into the water (in a single instance of Apocalypse Genki).|
Feed 5 mascots to the fishes in Apocalypse Genki.
|Murder in the Jungle||10||Bronze||Finish both instances of Apocalypse Genki.|
Finished both instances of Apocalypse Genki. Making you post-apocalyptic.
|Storm the Yarn||10||Bronze||Destroy a mouse ATV during Sexy Kitten Yarngasm.|
Destroyed a mouse with a giant ball of yarn.
|C-C-C-Combo Breaker||10||Bronze||Cause $150,000 worth of damage in a single Sexy Kitten Yarngasm combo.|
Created a $150,000 combo worth of destruction in Sexy Kitten Yarngasm.
|Genki Bowl Champ||20||Silver||Complete all activity instances in Genki Bowl VII.|
You are the Genki Bowl Champ!
The Genkibowl VII interiors are located on an "island" outside the normal playable map. It is possible to get to the "island" by going to a specific location and warping to shore.
On 2012-01-06, Volition released a patch for the PC version of the game which they claimed "laid the groundwork for the Genkibowl VII DLC", although the console versions of the game received the patch in December. However, according to another page on the saintsrow.com site, "all three systems" have supposedly still been updated for the DLC.[verify]
At this point it was impossible to get there in the PC and Xbox versions. All the YouTube videos were done on the PS3.
The 2012-01-17 PC patch includes the Genkibowl VII, which explains why it was impossible to get to the Genkibowl interior in the PC version. As of the installation of this patch, it is easily possible to get there in the PC version, by going to the eastern edge of the map and warp to shore. The only way to get out is to die or reload a saved game.
- Before release of Genkibowl VII, when comparing Trophies on Saints Row: The Third on PSN with a friend, you'll see DLC trophies for Genkibowl VII. Now the trophies are available for viewing on PS3 and Xbox by viewing Saints Row: The Third Trophies/Achievments.
- If you take the Genkibowl Solar, Criminal or Kayak to Rim Jobs and perform the glitch which allows to customize non-customizable cars, the colours of the Genkibowl decals can be changed from Pink to Blue or Green. These are under the Body Mods section.
- The closing ceremony features The Protagonist giving an interview featuring their usual mix of positive and negative character traits in which they tell about all the killing they have done, while Tammy Tolliver looks shocked, this is of course laughable as GenkiBowl VII is about killing.
- The Protagonist uses a distorted Female 1 voice in the closing ceremony
- ↑ Saints Row website: Season Pass Details
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=16237
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.co-optimus.com/article/7506/cheap-ass-gamer-s-cheapy-d-can-be-your-homie-in-saints-row-3.html
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/saints-row-the-third-gives-everyone-cheapyd-for-free/
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252363/ps3_patch_notes_-_jan_2nd
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252253/360_patch_notes_-_dec_12th
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252233/pc_patch_notes_-_dec_12th
- ↑ (Please add label) http://www.saintsrow.com/news
- ↑ (Please add label) Several attempts by people who have the PC version and/or Xbox version.
- ↑ (Please add label) http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/136781/28850569/PC_Patch_3_-_Jan_17th
- ↑ YouTube: HC video of exploring the location in the PC version
- ↑ (Please add label) Genkibowl VII Trophies?